If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add olive oil for brushing the potato skins
- add fine sea salt or coarse salt for sprinkling the potato skins
- add sweet paprika for sprinkling the potato skins
- add sour cream as an accompaniment if desired
- add 8 russet (baking) potatoes (about 1/2 pound each), scrubbed, patted dry, and rubbed with olive oil
- Prick the potatoes a few times with a fork and bake them in the middle of a preheated 425°F. oven for 1 hour. Let the potatoes cool, halve them lengthwise, and scoop them out, leaving a 1/4-inch shell and reserving the potato pulp for another use. Cut each shell lengthwise into 6 strips and arrange the strips on a baking sheet. Brush the strips with the oil, sprinkle them with paprika, the salt, and pepper to taste, and bake them in the middle of the preheated 425°F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they are crisp and golden brown. Serve the potato skins with the sour cream.