If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter<br> 1 cup finely chopped onion<br> 1 large garlic clove, minced<br> 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried<br> 1 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram or 1/4 teaspoon dried<br> 1 teaspoon minced fres
- Melt 1 stick butter in a large nonstick skillet over moderately low heat, then cook onion and garlic, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add herbs, salt, pepper, allspice, and livers and cook, stirring, until livers are cooked outside but still pink when cut open, about 8 minutes. Stir in bourbon and remove from heat. Purée mixture in a food processor until smooth, then transfer pâté to crock and smooth top.
- Melt remaining 1/2 stick butter in a very small heavy saucepan over low heat, then remove pan from heat and let butter stand 3 minutes. If using herb garnish, put sprig on top of pâté. Skim froth from butter, then spoon enough clarified butter over pâté to cover its surface, leaving milky solids in bottom of pan.
- Chill pâté until butter is firm, about 30 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hours more.
- Cooks' notes:
- Pâté can be chilled up to 2 weeks.
- Once butter seal has been broken, pâté keeps, its surface covered with plastic wrap and chilled, 1 week.