If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add carrots
- add 1-2 bottle Crystal hot sauce (NOT Tabasco!)
- add flour (to dust wings before frying)
- add 1/2-1 cup oil (to fry with)
- add 1/2-2 cup butter
- add 30-40 chicken wings
- add blue cheese dressing (Ken's Steak House)
- add celery
- Cut up wings, rinse and pat wing pieces dry.
- Dust wing pieces in flour.
- Heat oil in a large pot or skillet about 1"-2" deep to 375F degrees (Medium to medium high heat).
- Take wing pieces shake off excess flour put in pot and fry in oil until crispy, about 5 minutes per side (Turn often to keep from burning).
- Fry in"batches" to keep from over crowding.
- Drain wings on paper towels on a broiler rack.
- Keep warm in a 200 degree oven until all wing pieces are done.
- Make sauce by melting 1 part butter to 2 parts Crystal hot sauce (1 stick butter= 1/2 cup, 1 cup Crystal hot sauce).
- You can add a dash of vinegar and some cayenne pepper or a dash of Tabasco to make it hotter if you wish!
- Dip the wing pieces in the sauce and serve with the Celery and Carrot sticks with LOTS of the Blue Cheese Dressing.
- NOTE: This recipe came from the famous"bar" in Buffalo NY.