I had this recipe for years...My mom would make it when I lived at home.This is an Oh... so cheesy, excellent recipe. I hope you enjoy it!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add fresh ground pepper
- add ground nutmeg (optional)
- add 1 clove garlic (halved)
- add 1 lb natural swiss cheese
- add 1 cup apple juice or dry white wine
- add 1 loaf French bread or Italian bread
- add 2 tablespoons flour
- Cut cheese in small amounts, dust with flour, set aside.
- Rub the inside of fondue pot with cut surface of garlic.
- Leave remaining garlic in pot.
- Pour in applejuice or wine.
- Turn to medium heat, until liquid simmers.
- (Do not boil) Add cheese in small amounts to the hot liquid, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Add pepper and nutmeg.
- Continue heating until bubbly.
- Adjust heat to a gentle simmer.
- Dip bread cubes in a swirl motion.
- Helpful Hints: Let bread sit out, or use day old bread, it holds up better when dipping.
- If cheese gets too thick, add more liquid.