My husband's office manager gave me this recipe. A neat party idea.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add French bread
- add 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- add 2 cups dry white wine
- add 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- add 6 cups shredded swiss cheese
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 2 cups shredded gruyere cheese
- add 1/3 cup dry sherry or kirsch
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first 3 ingredients; stir to mix well; set aside.
- Rub the inside of a large saucepan with the cut sides of the garlic halves; discard garlic.
- Add the wine to the saucepan; cook over medium heat until hot, but do not boil.
- Add in lemon juice.
- Gradually add in the cheese mixture.
- Cook unti cheese melts, stir constantly.
- Add in sherry, salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a fondue pot.
- Serve with bread cubes for dipping.