Swiss Cheese Fondue
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups grated emmenthaler cheese
- add 1 teaspoon cornflour
- add 2 cups grated gruyere cheese
- add 1 clove garlic
- add cubed French bread
- add 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- add 1 tablespoon kirsch
- add 8 fluid ounces dry white wine or rose wine
- Rub the inside of the fondue pot with cut clove of garlic.
- Pour in wine and lemon juice and heat gently until bubbling.
- Reduce the heat to low, and gradually stir in grated cheeses, then continue to heat until cheeses melt, stirring frequently.
- (This stage can take a looooong time.) In a small bowl, blend cornflour smoothly with kirsch, then stir into cheese mixture and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until mixture is thick and smooth, stirring frequently.
- Do not allow fondue to boil.
- Serve with the bread.